Tuesday, July 12, 2011

winter...well, sort of

So, being in the southern hemisphere, we are currently in the midst of our cooler months. Being close to the equator, we don’t get snow and sub-zero temperatures, but I sure have been feeling cold lately! I guess when you have only a few degrees of temperature change, your body feels each number.

I was laughing on Sunday, because I was so cold I put on my knitted hat to help keep me warm, and the temperature was just in the low 60s.

Here are Thad and I in our cozy hats knitted for us by my friend Melany!

Thad is starting to be a bit more mobile in his bed at night, crawling out from under the covers, and rolling about. Since Jamie & I have about 6 blankets on our bed, I worry that he will get cold in the night if he climbs out from under his blankets—so we found a solution. We pulled out the polar fleece “suit” and have been putting him in that, along with his pajamas at night. We figure that’s got to be worth a few blankets (and so we’ve lessened the number of blankets we put on top of him)! He is so cute all bundled up in his “blue suit” – that’s got to be one of the best parts of being cold, seeing babies all bundled up.

All bundled up

No comments: