Monday, August 20, 2012

Thad's cockpit

A couple of weeks ago, Thad sat astride his small chair, backwards, making noises and telling that me he was flying! So, I thought that maybe I could give him a little more fodder for his imagination. I found an old box that we were throwing away, and cut it up the right size to fit over the back of his chair. I found some brads in our office drawer and dug up some CDs that we don’t use anymore, cut a few egg circles off an empty carton, and found a spice lid that I wasn’t using. I was wondering what I could use for switches, and I thought to tape some binder clips backwards, so that the flip part can have maximum flip! I bent an old wire hangar and taped around it a bit to make the yoke for steering. Then I stuck them all on to the box, colored on them with a pen a little bit, and voila ~ some imagination fodder!



Look at his little cheeks puffing out - making all the proper airplane noises!


No comments: