Friday, February 22, 2008

everything but the kitchen sink

Don’t think I’ve talked too much about the stores here in PNG.  They are really quite amazing.  Most have unexpected variety and carry everything from board shorts and tinned fish to guitar strings, shampoo and radios.  Today I was in a stationary store, where they were selling not only the usual office things (pens, paper, staplers) but also electric guitars and plastic shoping bags. And then it struck me. Toilet Paper.  The stationary store had rolls of toilet paper for sale by the casheir.  And when I was in the bakery last Wednesday buying bread a lady came in and bought what? a roll of toilet paper.  You can get it pretty much everywhere.  I suppose in the States there is variety in stores too, maybe it’s just becuase the store buildings are small that I don’t expect it (no Super Targets around here).  But I just want to comfort you all with the knowledge that, when you come to visit, we’ll have no trouble finding toilet paper for you!

No comments: