Friday, February 08, 2008

Praying in Tongues

OK – I admit it.  I thought of this title and used it as an attention-getting device.

 

But it IS related to my topic ~

 

So, every morning our VITAL staff gets together for a short time of prayer before breakfast.  We have 9 staff from 5 different countries, speaking 4 different mother-tongue languages (if you don’t count the dialectical differences of Australian, New Zeland, and US English).  As we pray, sometimes people pray in English, sometimes a different mother-tongue. And I was just thinking how cool it is, and wondering if this is one small taste of what heaven will be.  It’s a bit like my verse from Revelation 7 that you can almost read in the heading part of this blog:

 

“...there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

 

I can’t wait!

No comments: