Monday, March 17, 2008

maps

I love maps. I found this really cool one on the Ethnologue website, and it has marked all of the know languages of PNG and grouped them by language family.  Pretty busy map, huh?  The current number for total languages in PNG is over 820!

 

Here is another map of PNG, for those of you who don’t have the country memorized yet (hee!)  I’m currently living on the southern tip of the country, in Alotau, which is the capital of Milne Bay Province (outlined in pink on this map).  Just for reference, my POC (orientation course) was on the north coast, in Madang.  Ukarumpa, where I lived over Christmas, is more towards the middle of the country, in the “highlands”, and is located a bit south-east of Goroka.  Just as a reminder, PNG is around the size of the state of California.

No comments: