Friday, March 14, 2008

Quote of the month

I heard this quote in a sermon recently, and liked it so much that I put it on my computer desktop where I could be often reminded of its truth:

 

"Had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, Divine Love would have put you there. You are placed by God in the most suitable circumstances. And if you had the choosing of your lot you would soon cry, 'Lord, choose my self will for me, for I am pierced through with many sorrows.' Be content with such things as you have, for the Lord has ordered all things for your good. Take up your own daily cross; it is the burden best suited for your own shoulder. It will prove most effective to make you perfect in every good word and work to the glory of God. Down busy self, and proud impatience. It is not for you to choose, but for the Lord of Love. Trials must and will befall, but with humble faith to see, love inscribed upon them all, this is happiness to me." ~ Spurgeon

No comments: