Friday, July 13, 2012

not legos

Today I realized why Legos and Bristle Blocks were invented.

Last week we bought some matchbox cars from a family that was leaving and Thad has been thrilled to have more cars to play with. This week, he was looking at Richard Scarry’s Best Word Book Ever (a book that was given to me when I was 3—it really IS the best word book ever!) and saw the picture of an arch and he was talking about a car driving under the arch. So I pulled out his blocks (also purchased from someone leaving J) and I built an arch for him to drive his new matchbox cars under. HOWEVER, as fun as it is for an almost 25-month-old to drive their cars under small block arches, this one just doesn’t have the manual dexterity to do it very many times in a row without the small arch falling apart. And so, while the arch is fun, tears of frustration are often accompanying. This morning, in my desire to avoid all those tears, I had a brilliant plan (if I do say so myself!). I dug out some blue tack and stuck the blocks together with the blue tack! I suppose that this is probably when things like Bristle Blocks and Legos would come in handy. Maybe someday soon, someone will sell some of those…


 





No comments: