Monday, August 27, 2007

Here at POC we live in a sort of simplified dormitory-type setting. Groups of us live in rooms (the families each have two rooms, one for the parents and one for the kiddos) and then we share men's/women's bathrooms. The showers are cold from the tap. A fire is lit twice a day (6am & 4:30pm) to heat water in small silo-type deal. Those who would like a hot shower can put this water in a bucket and take a "bucket" shower which really is a metal bucket with an attached shower head. You then just try to soap and rinse really quickly before all the water runs out! I've only taken two hot showers since I've been here as I am almost always hot and the cold shower just feels good, and also because I don't have to worry about running out of water before I get all the shampoo out of my hair!

No comments: