Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vacation in Madang

Skipping back to last month..in mid-September a couple of friends and I took off for a weeklong vacation trip to the coastal city of Madang.

We had so much fun just hanging out together playing games, snorkeling, and cooking some of our meals. We also enjoyed eating out at a some restaurants, which we don’t normally have the opportunity to do! I tried a few activities that I’ve never tried before, such as fishing...didn’t catch anything. I’m sure the fish were afraid of me and my scary pole! (It was light when we started…but we forgot the camera part until after the sun was mostly gone.)

I even tried golfing for the first time. As you can see from my perfect golf stance in the photo, I have it down perfectly!

Actually, it took us a REALLY long time (4.5 hours to play 9 holes) since I had a bit of trouble actually getting the ball up into the air—I played it more like miniature golf but with more grass between the tee/start and the hole. Oh well. You can’t be good at everything! But on the whole it was an awesome time!

No comments: